Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Growth Mindset, Week 1

 I had never heard of growth mindset until today. Personally I find it refreshing and accurate. Through grade school I was always at the top of my classes and in the gifted program at my school. I breezed through high school and never felt like I had to try. I dedicate a large portion of this to my reading comprehension level. I never really felt challenged by what we were doing in class and was simply bored a lot of the time. College was a huge adjustment in that I finally had classes that challenged me. And these challenges didn't and still don't mesh very well with my personality. I find it extremely frustrating when I can't grasp a complex topic after skimming a paragraph. Instead of buckling down and studying hard I often avoid my assignments and procrastinate as long as I can. These are horrible habits. Maybe if I had been made to focus more as a child on the process I wouldn't be struggling as much in adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15, Story The Turtle Who Won the Forfeit

  The Ox Who Won the Forfeit , Ellen C. Babbitt The Turtle Who Won the Forfeit Once upon a time there was a very fast turtle. He was so fast...